Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Don't stay down for long Darling

Whenever I am having a bad day I know I can always turn to Nee. She always says, "Have a bad day Hannah. Those are allowed. But don't stay down for long darling." So here is what I do with my bad day. 

1) John Mayer. 
I begin and end my day with this man. Whether it's Free Falling, Dreaming With a Broken Heart or Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, John knows how to pick me up and get me back on my feet. 

2) Don't forget the whip cream and cherries. 
I know how easy it is to avoid food during stressful/painful/heartbreaking situations, but take it from someone who has been there, not eating is NOT the answer. So grab that carton of Graters Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip (a Cincinnati delicacy) and dig in. Trust me, he isn't worth an empty stomach. And one day of emotional eating won't ruin that figure. 

3) Titanic or The Notebook?
If you are anything like me a good cry will do you wonders. However as a matter of pride I don't like to cry over something I know isn't worth it. Thus, I pop in a movie that is a tear jerker and let the water works go. 

4) Why go out? Bring the store to you. 
I don't encourage this every time you are upset or going through a heartbreak, but I definitely advise it for the bad ones. Pull out your computers ladies and buy ONE item that puts a smile on your face. Don't go crazy, you don't need to break the bank, but if those pair of heels make you smile then go for it sister.

5) Write a letter. 
I always do this no matter what situation it is. When I am upset I write it down. Whether you deliver the letter or not is up to your discretion, but I know it helps to get it ALL out in front of you. 

6) Hugs. 
As the show Pushing Daisies taught me, hugs are like emotional Heimlich maneuvers. When someone wraps their arms around you and squeeze they dislodge that ball of emotions you're choking on. It's also nice to know that there are always constants in your life. Find them and ask them to hug you tight. 

7) Get ready to face tomorrow. 
Eventually you are gonna have to brush your teeth and take those sweatpants off.  Make sure you make it count. Get in the shower. Shave those legs. Curl your hair and spray yourself with your favorite perfume. Make sure your outfit is amazing and your heels are high. He will rue the day he ever let you go, why not show him what he's missing? 

8) Remember who you are. 
This moment doesn't define you. Whoever you are will remain through everything. Remember you are confident, strong and important. Don't let a broken heart tear you down. Be better not bitter. 

So ladies, mope and eat and cry and talk nonstop about the situation, but don't stay down for long. Two days MAX. show them what you're made of, and you're a lot stronger than you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment